Mid-Weight Residential and Hotel Interior Designer Job
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
Our clients are a highly creative and respected Interior Architecture & Design Company with a wealth of experience in the luxury residential, hospitality and commercial markets. They are known for their unique and bespoke approach to design and operate in a client focused manor, supporting them from concept to completion.
Over the last decade they have been working alongside some of the world’s major players in the design and construction industry. This extensive network of trusted contacts has enabled them to operate globally and open excellent opportunities for their designers.
This tight-knit department of 10 are looking for a keen, friendly and committed individual to fit seamlessly into their team.
The ideal candidate would be a creative and talented individual who has the capabilities to lead a job from concept to completion. They will also have a flair and drive to push creative boundaries, as well as being proactive and organised. Having the confidence and skills to be client facing is essential. A successful candidate will have a passion and knowledge of a wide spectrum of design disciplines including, architecture, art, fashion, lifestyle trends, furniture, graphics and FF&E. They must have the technical ability to produce full drawing packages, using Vectorworks.
- Highly creative, organised and self-confident designer, with 4-5 years’ experience.
- Strong Vectorworks skills are crucial.
- Good working knowledge of: Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Technical ability to produce full drawing packages.
- Ability to sketch freehand would be advantageous.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, both independently and within a team.
- Awareness of budgets and the ability to be commercial as well as creative in order to deliver schemes that are commercially viable.
- Good presentation skills and confidence when discussing client requirements; fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Creative FF&E skills.
- Understanding project programmes and keeping those required up to date at all times.
- Preparing sample boards, schedules and specifications for tender.
- Good product knowledge with a comprehensive knowledge of UK suppliers, bespoke furniture and detailing and fabrics, furnishings, fixtures and fittings.
- Delivering projects on to site.
- 22 days holiday, pro-rata and time off between Christmas and New Year