Middleweight Furniture/Product Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- 3DS Max, AutoCAD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Job Reference:
Middleweight Product/Furniture Designer / London / £30k – £35k / Permanent
Skills: Furniture, Lighting, Upholstery, Homeware, Industrial Design, Product Design, Manufacturing, AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Adobe Suite.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Middleweight Designer to join a design-led manufacturer in London, to design, develop and bring to market furniture, lighting and soft furnishing products. As one of the fastest growing retail companies in the UK you will be joining a team of dedicated designers, who are champions of serious quality and craftsmanship. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques, with working knowledge of timber, metal and glass. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team with great scope for personal and professional development.
THE MIDDLEWEIGHT PRODUCT/FURNITURE DESIGN JOB
- Design development including new product concepts and supporting hand sketches across upholstery and cabinetry, alongside Head of Design and Buying.
- Autonomous production of detailed drawings to the highest standard using AutoCAD.
- Creating 3D renders using 3ds Max.
- Liaising with suppliers and capturing development notes to ensure work is being made as specified, with potential for supplier visits within Europe and the Far East.
- Creating assembly instructions.
- Supporting internal teams on ad hoc design queries.
ABOUT THE MIDDLEWEIGHT PRODUCT/FURNITURE DESIGNER
- A keen creative eye with a passion for furniture and design.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a design team producing detailed drawings of upholstery and/or cabinetry using AutoCAD and 3ds Max, seeing products through from conception to production.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A good understanding of furniture production methods and materials and the UK furniture market.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A determination for developing high quality products.
- Maintaining a high level of consistency with quality of work.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivating with a ‘can-do’ attitude.