Middleweight Residential Interior Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
This firm is a consistently produces elegant, sophisticated design which has gained them the interest from UK and international clientele.
They are looking for a keen and ambitious mid-weight designer to join their thriving company. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ post graduate experience with projects of a range of scale in residential and commercial sectors. The candidate will report to Senior Designers and, or the Studio Director who will direct and supervise the work as well as continue to mentor professional development.
Experienced at dealing with:
- Work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Create and develop conceptual designs.
- Lead independently small projects.
- Understanding, knowledge and experience of AutoCAD, EstiPC and Adobe Creative Suite range.
- Understanding, knowledge and experience with of photoshop
- The ability to produce client standard sketches.
- Full understanding of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling).
- Self-confident and able to cope with constructive criticism.
- Ability to manage time and work flow of projects efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual.
- Know when to request assistance from either a Senior Designer or the Studio Director.
- Supervise the Assistant Designers when necessary.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Be able to visualise concepts and explain them to others.
- Work to a written or verbal brief.
- Create and develop conceptual designs including the ability to use colour and texture for Senior Designer or the Studio Directors review.
- Lead small projects with the backup of a Senior Designer and Studio Director.
- Produce full FF&E estimates from EstiPC.
- Produce sketches and mood boards as required.
- Visit site and co-ordinate installations either independently (on small projects) or under the Senior Designer or Studio Directors direction.
- Supervise the Assistant Designers when necessary including mentoring their development.
- Support the Senior Designers and when applicable the Studio Director.
- Liaise with Finance department to produce invoices for FF&E.
- Communicate progress, problems and any other relevant design or project information effectively to Designers, Senior Designers, the Studio Director and Owner.