Office Assistant for High End Interior Design Company Job
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
An award-winning interior and architectural design firm are looking for an experienced Office Assistant to support all areas of their studio. Known for creating credible designs within major entertainment and consumer brands to super high end residential projects, this studio is at the top of their game. No day will be the same and the successful candidate will be a forward-thinking team player and have some knowledge and previous experience working in a design office.
- Helping to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office
- Assisting the Office Manager and Executive Assistant with general office administration (HR, finance, marketing and PR)
- Supporting the design team with diary management, including travel arrangements
- Answering the telephone (infrequent overflow from reception)
- Filing (although the office is virtually paper-free)
- Typing letters and proposals
- Collating expenses
- Providing PA support to the Principal in the Executive Assistant’s absence
- Preparing RFP documents (PowerPoint)
- Updating contacts and marketing database (Outlook and Excel)
- Updating and formatting marketing documents including project summaries, CVs, team charts, etc. (PowerPoint)
- Coordinating marketing mailouts, including quarterly newsletter
- Updating website with new projects, news, people, etc. (via user-friendly back end site)
- Assisting with social media / communications
- Organising events (internal and external)
- An eye for detail and an ability to maintain accuracy of work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills; able to work to multiple deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Clear communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, who can confidently and sensitively liaise with members of the team as well as clients, client’s PAs, consultants and others, in person, over the phone, and via email.
- A positive, friendly, and practical approach to daily issues and problem solving. Able to adapt to change and respond positively to new challenges.
- Ready and able to exercise initiative (not necessarily having to wait for instruction).
- Ability to think logically and sensibly with regard to how tasks and the role affect other parts of the business
- Utmost discretion (essential when assisting with confidential matters).
- Excellent spelling, grammar and vocabulary.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint (essential). PhotoShop (desirable).