An international architectural practice is looking for an experienced Office Manager to assist in the launch of their London studio. The practice has locations all over the world and they are now establishing themselves in London. This role will be instrumental in setting up the running of the practice, hiring new staff as they grow, and keeping the practice running smoothly in it’s day to day operations. This is a great opportunity for someone with previous studio/office management experience to take on a new and exciting challenge.
- Establish the studio – liaising with building management to get new desks, supplies, IT, etc.
- Assist the directors with diary management, travel booking and general admin support
- Look after the signing scanning and filing of internal and external legal documents
- Work on seating plans with directors
- Plan internal events and bookings of industry events and conferences
- Assist accounting with payroll and reconcile business credit card on a monthly basis
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers on facilities, IT, phone, printers, and cleaning business
- Manage the hiring process in terms of liaising with recruiters, placing ads on company website, arranging interviews, preparing contracts, etc.
- Manage onboarding of new starters
- Arrange staff reviews, appraisals, and keep staff records up to date
- Manage the health and safety measures of the practice and schedule annual reviews
- Previous experience in an office management/coordination role within the creative industry
- Hands on approach to human resources
- Approachable and highly organised
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills