Unique opportunity for a RIBA Part II qualified Architectural Designer to join and work side-by-side with a world-renowned artist in his quirky Central London studio.
Our client is seeking an individual who is fuelled by imagination and will bring together a passion for both architecture and art to the role, and together you will use a range of varied and unusual materials to produce amazing temporary architectural structures.
As Architectural Designer, some of your responsibilities will be:
- Work closely alongside the artist to establish the design brief and concept
- Use Rhino, AutoCAD and hand-sketching to produce designs
- Testing your design concepts with computerised modelling
- Creating samples and working models by hand, or using prototyping equipment
- Conducting research on processes, the market and materials
Essential requirements are:
- Full proficiency with Rhino (absolutely essential), AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp
- A flexible attitude, able to prioritise your workload and switch tasks at short notice
- Exceptional design flair and passion for creativity
- The ability to interpret hand-drawings into concept designs using 2D & 3D modelling softwares
- An interest in art and the drive to do something totally different
If you’re a Part II qualified Architectural Assistant with exceptional design skills and a knack for “thinking outside the box”, apply by sending your up to date CV to Katie Jones at Adrem Group and I will get in touch with more details – my contact details can be found on the Adrem website if you’d like to contact me directly.