Practice Manager for Acoustics Design Consultancy Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
An acoustical and theatrical consultancy in Putney specialising in the design of music and performing arts spaces is looking for a capable, energetic business manager to make a strong contribution to their creative atmosphere.
As Practice Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day office management of the design consultancy. You’ll be the main point of contact for staff, clients, suppliers, advisors and others. The Practice Manager will look after a part-time bookkeeper/accountant.
This is a senior role for a person with broad experience in business aspects of performing arts, architecture, engineering or construction. You will have an enthusiasm for making a better world through the arts and architecture.
Essential Qualities of the Practice Manager
- Fluent, clear and persuasive in written and spoken English.
- Commercially aware
- Experience of most aspects of the day to day business management for a design or consulting organisation
- Experienced and comfortable with multi-project management and accounting
- Experienced at project planning & budgeting, create project proposals for design services, tracking costs.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and more than one job at once.
- Enjoy working in a small and busy office (around 10 staff) and participate in staff group.
- Good facility with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
Desirable Qualities of the Practice Manager
- Experience in performing arts, architectural, engineering or other consulting company
- Some experience with accounting software – QuickBooks (multiple currencies and projects)
- Middle capability on preparing corporate graphics Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop
- Experience preparing contracts for services
- Other languages
Specific tasks for the Practice Manager
- Analyse staff and subcontractor timesheets and track time against budgets for projects
- Manage HR administration and recruitment
- Coordination of staff leave and training
- Organise office social events and travel
- Manage office insurance, subscriptions and policies
- Ensure health and safety and fire risk compliance
- Organise office meetings and minute taking
- Project support, including credit control following up sales invoices
- Assist preparation of expressions of interest and tenders, and review draft contracts.
- Assist with marketing initiatives – database, advertising, conferences.
- Manage in-house part-time bookkeeper and liaise with external accountant.
- Monitor costs and income on individual contracts, and advise directors on issues of profitability, cash flow, etc
- Prepare income, expense and cash flow forecasts and update monthly.
- Manage preparation of year-end accounts by external accountant
- General office management – monitoring and ordering supplies, manage utilities and cleaning, liaison with property management, share phone answering duties.
If your experience and attitude would make you the perfect candidate for this Practice Manager role in Putney, do not miss this opportunity. Get in touch with Gabrielle Saw, Creative Support Team Leader at Adrem Group without delay.