Product Design Consultant Job
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Job Level:
- Manager, Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Product Design Consultant / Cambridge / £ 30k – £40k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Product Development, Innovation, Consumer Products, Medical, Solidworks, Creo, Sketching.
Ideas from this company have truly had a global impact. They have been pioneers of change and have been designing and delivering exciting and innovative products for over 25 years. This multi-disciplinary team of designers, engineers and scientists have contributed to the global advancements in a broad spectrum of sectors including medical, communications, transport, FMCG, consumer electronics and consumer products. They are currently looking for an experienced product designer to join their medical device team, where the ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is passionate about creating better human experiences, is a natural problem solver, has experience working within an integrated team of engineers and physicists, and has proven experience delivering products to market.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN CONSULTANT JOB
- Take a leading design role, where you will be required to apply your design skills in the development of industry leading medical products.
- Incorporate product design, human factors and usability considerations as well as novel mechanisms and robust engineering.
- Liaising with clients around the world, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team of highly talented designers, engineers and physicists to deliver novel solutions.
- Taking an active role in the development of the Product Design offering, and working closely with other sector teams.
- Client presentations, understanding marketing needs and prepare proposals.
- Generation of innovative medical devices and equipment from concept to working prototype manufacture.
- Articulate design solutions to meet tight technical requirements.
- Promoting the capabilities of the Product Design team and planning these activities.
- Producing robust, high quality surface models.
- Detailed design of components and products.
- Creation of photorealistic renderings and animations.
- Writing technical reports and producing high quality design documentation.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGN CONSULTANT
- 1st or Upper 2nd class degree within Product/Industrial design.
- Experience in Solidworks or Creo.
- Skills in human factors and usability of products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes from one off designs to high volume manufacture.
- Have a great track record of exciting products brought to the market.
- High quality sketching abilities.
- A drive to succeed, to continuously improve the quality of your work, to develop new skills and take increasing responsibility.