Product Design Lead Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Product Design Lead / London / £45k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Internet of Things, Consumer Products, Consumer Electronics, Cycling, Solidworks, Keyshot
We currently have an amazing and career defining opportunity to join one of London’s most impressive start ups. You will join a multidisciplinary team of passionate individuals who are on a mission to upgrade urban cycling. Building on a highly successful, high profile flagship product, that aims to tackle arguably the biggest problem for city cyclists, you will be joining a growing team that deliver innovative and clever solutions, a team that has big ambitions, strong ethics, and the drive to really make a difference in the industry.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD JOB
- Lead ideation and concept development, produce stories and prototypes for new product design.
- Contribute and drive the brands product range for the UK and International markets.
- Implement design identity characteristics.
- Bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of design development.
- Leading Project Development based on a good understanding of business strategy, project purpose and product functions.
- Evolve and execute the design development process for design solutions.
- Attend meetings to convey design concepts and communicate with other parties for execution.
- Work closely with Electrical Engineer.
- Communicate with internal and external functions.
- Ensure the results satisfy the given briefs in aspects of form, aesthetics, and interfaces.
- Determine appropriate materials, mechanism, construction, colour, surface finishes.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD
- Experienced in designing products for the consumer markets.
- At minimum 7 years’ experiences taking ideas from concept through to manufacture.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Product Design.
- Must demonstrate creative, innovative approach and a hands-on competency to design.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS, Solidworks and Keyshot.
- Ability to work and communicate with other design and business functions.