Product Design Lead Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino
- Job Reference:
Product Design Lead / London / £45k+ / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Digital Appliances, Domestic Appliances, Consumer Electronics, Ideation, Rhino, Keyshot
An industry leading brand in the consumer electronics industry are currently looking for a super talented and highly driven Product Design Lead. Innovation is at the core of this company, they strive to deliver the best technology and services where the ability to create provocative, bold, attractive designs with an emotional connection is key. At their European design studio based in London there is a vibrant mix of creatives at the top of their game producing some of the best products on the market. This is a truly exciting opportunity, which will have you conceptualising, developing and delivering new and revolutionary products, which have been giving international recognition through If, Red Dot and Good Design awards.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD JOB
- Contribute and drive the brands consumer electronics range for the European market as well as working closely with others in Japan, China and Asia.
- Plan and execute design projects based on given briefs and schedules.
- Leading Project Development based on a good understanding of business strategy, project purpose and product functions.
- Evolve and execute the design development process for design solutions.
- Lead ideation and concept development, produce stories and prototypes for new product design.
- Attend meetings to convey design concepts and communicate with other parties for execution.
- Implement design identity characteristics.
- Communicate with internal and external functions in related to the projects.
- To bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of design development.
- Ensure the results satisfy the given briefs in aspects of form, aesthetics, physical and psychological interfaces between users and products.
- Determine appropriate materials, mechanism, construction, colour, surface finishes.
- Ensure the ‘look and feel’ of the design solutions satisfy the identity guidelines.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD
- Experienced in designing products for the consumer markets, ideally electronics and home appliances.
- At minimum 7 years’ experiences taking ideas from concept through to manufacture.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Product Design.
- Appropriate experiences in corporate design centre or consultancy.
- Must demonstrate creative innovative approach and hands-on competency to design.
- Knowledge of current design software and techniques in both 2D and 3D, Adobe CS, Rhino, Keyshot.
- Ability to work and communicate with other design and business functions.