Product Design Manager Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Product Design Manager / London / £35k – £40k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Household Accessories, Kitchen Appliances and Accessories, Cookware and Cooking Utensils, Lifestyle, Invention, Ideation, Solidworks, ProEngineer, Keyshot.
This is an exciting and career defining opportunity for a talented and experienced Industrial Designer to join a London based, globally recognised household name in the world of contemporary consumer products and a major player in the global retail market.
The core focus of this role is to find the next big product ideas. They must be highly inventive products that are truly unique in the market and must have potential to generate high revenues for the business.
The Product Design Manager will play a vital role in the overall success of the business and will be responsible for developing and growing each of their categories, the successful candidate will be heavily involved in the new product development process; identifying consumer insights and product needs, user product testing and working very closely with designers and manufacturers to bring the products to market and within agreed costs.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER JOB
- Play a major part in the growth of the brands internal, multidisciplinary design and engineering team.
- Focused on developing inventive, high revenue products to launch into target growth categories.
- Taking ideas from initial concept, through design development, to delivery.
- work on various projects simultaneously and under pressure.
- Present and communicate ideas to internal teams as well as the company Board of Directors, so strong verbal and visual communication skills are key.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER
- 2:1 or above Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Engineering or related course.
- you will have a passion for design with a minimum of 3 years’ experience creating bold and inventive ideas.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Your portfolio should clearly show your inventive nature, and the process you follow to uncover insight and develop a product through to production.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks or ProEngineer and Keyshot.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.