Product Designer – Consumer Electronics Brand Job
- Job Level:
- Junior, Mid-Level
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino
- Job Reference:
Junior – Mid-Weight Product Designer/ London / £25k – £35 / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Digital Appliances, Domestic Appliances, Consumer Electronics, Ideation, Rhino, Keyshot
An industry leading brand in the consumer electronics industry is currently looking for a super talented and highly driven Product Designer. Innovation is at the core of this company, they strive to deliver the best technology and services where the ability to create provocative, bold, attractive designs with an emotional connection is key. At their European design studio based in London there is a vibrant mix of creatives at the top of their game producing some of the best products on the market. This is a truly exciting opportunity, which will have you conceptualising, developing and delivering new and revolutionary products, which have been giving international recognition through If, Red Dot and Good Design awards.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER JOB
- Develop product design ideas for the brands consumer electronics range, targeted at the European market as well as working closely with other teams across Asia.
- Contribute to Project Development based on a good understanding of business strategy, project purpose and product functions.
- Ideation and concept development, produce stories and prototypes for new product design.
- Attend meetings to convey design concepts and communicate with other parties for execution.
- Communicate with internal and external functions to define every detail of design in line with design direction and manufacturing conditions.
- To bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of design development.
- Ensure the results satisfy the given briefs in aspects of form, aesthetics, physical and psychological interfaces between users and products.
- Research and analyse design trends, technologies and materials and implement findings in to strategic development.
- Determine appropriate materials, mechanism, construction, colour, surface finishes.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGNER
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Product Design from a top European University.
- Around 3 years’ experience taking ideas from concept through to manufacture.
- Good idea generation and visualisation skills.
- Understanding of designing for manufacture.
- Appropriate experiences in corporate design centre or consultancy.
- Must demonstrate creative innovative approach and hands-on competency to design.
- Knowledge of current design software and techniques in both 2D and 3D, Adobe CS, Rhino, Keyshot.
- Good presentation, verbal and visual communication skills.