Product Designer / Design Manager Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Product Designer/Design Manager / London / £35k+ / Permanent
Skills: Product design, Industrial Design, Sketching, Rhino, Keyshot, Homeware, Gift & Accessories, Luxury, Product Development, Manufacture
This is an amazing opportunity to join a global brand that is renowned for its luxury jewellery, accessories, lighting and installation projects. The successful candidate will be working alongside this successful design team and responsible for generating concepts for the newly launched premium homeware and gift team. Working alongside the Head of Product Development you and your team will be responsible for designing and delivering compelling, high quality products. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of manufacturing processes and materials, an exceptional eye for detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team with great scope for personal and professional development.
THE PRODUCT DESIGNER/DESIGN MANAGER ROLE
- Contribute to the end to end design development of in-house products and client briefs.
- Playing a key role in product development and innovation.
- Ideating and producing concepts, visualisations and prototypes.
- Collaborating with the wider team to ensure product viability.
- Dealing with suppliers and manufacturers and should have a good understanding of cost and budgets.
- Generating 2D and 3D models, renders and technical packages.
- Developing and maintaining a new product pipeline for future home collections.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGNER/DESIGN MANAGER
- A degree in a relevant creative discipline, i.e. Product Design, Industrial Design.
- Proven and extensive experience in designing for the premium home and gift market.
- Ambition to take on more responsibility, mentor a team and manage client relationships.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Highly motivated and ambitious individual.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Awareness of trends and good understanding of competitor market.