A leading Lighting, Furniture & Home Accessories Designer is looking for a product development manager to join its growing London team.
This Lighting Design specialist is one of the UK’s leading product designers. Based in London they design, manufacture and sell their lighting, furniture and home accessory products through over 200 dealers in 50 countries and direct to the global A&D community.
This is a great opportunity for someone with excellent product development skills to join our product development team at their Shoreditch studio.
- manage the product development team to develop lighting, furniture and home accessory products from concept, through prototype and into full production
- define, manage and update detailed time-lines, critical path and project manage each stage of development to ensure high quality, on-time production
- manage costs including negotiation with suppliers, placing orders and identifying opportunities to value engineer production
- source, manage relationships and control delivery of network of UK and international suppliers and factories including regular trips abroad
- pragmatic problem solving during product development and design revision
- producing product definition documents to enable handover to our logistics team for ongoing production runs
Essential experience and skills:
- at least three year’s relevant experience in a related production design or product development role
- detailed knowledge and experience of managing a network of UK and international factories from concept to manufacture
- efficient, superbly organised, excellent project management with attention to detail
- excellent MS Excel, planning and CAD skills
- high level of numeracy and literacy in English and able to work in the UK
As the ideal candidate you will:
- enjoy hitting deadlines and solving problems
- be flexible, adaptable with a dynamic approach to your work and lots of common sense
- have specialist knowledge of lighting and international standards (UL, CE, CB) and excellent knowledge of the design industry
- be mature, enthusiastic and create a great impression with people
- enjoy a challenge and do whatever it takes to get the job done