Production Manager Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Production Manager / London / £30k-£45k / Permanent
Skills: Industrial Designer, Production, Management, Technical, Wayfinding, Signage, Installation, Project management.
A leading wayfinding, signage and brand implementation studio are looking for an experienced and talented Production Manager who is both creatively inquisitive and technically accomplished. This team draws on the wide range of skills and backgrounds they have in-house, from strategy and industrial design, to architecture and project management to create strategic and aesthetic solutions for some of the biggest and most high-profile brands. The team comprises of experienced architects, artists, lighting designers, industrial designers and visualisers as well as specialists in electronics, programming and project management.
The successful candidate will work closely with the entire team and manage the manufacture and installation of fascia and internal signage across UK and European projects.
THE PRODUCTION MANAGER ROLE
- Provide input and advice on product specifications and fabrication techniques to facilitate design development.
- Plan and organise production schedules and installation timings to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Identify and communicate project risks and develop contingency plans.
- Adhere to Health & Safety best practice standards and ensure zero incidents.
- Manage and track financial performance of projects to achieve planned project profitability.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships.
- Oversee and manage production, installation and remedial work processes.
- Secure and manage the appropriate resources to ensure successful delivery within project constraints.
- Provide regular updates to clients on the progress of projects.
- Ensure projects are delivered right first time, every time.
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION MANAGER
- Technical skills with excellent understanding of materials, finishes and associated production techniques.
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Good time keeping and commitment to achieving deadlines.
- Able to organise work through meticulous filing.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and organised.
- Confident and articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and approachable attitude with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain existing and build new client and supplier relationships.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience of Microsoft Project, Merlin or equivalent scheduling software.
- Knowledge of cloud-based project management and collaboration tools.