Project Accountant for Pioneering Architecture Practice Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A pioneering architecture and design practice who work on an array of international projects is seeking a Project Accountant to join their team and focus on international projects specifically in China.
- Assistance with managing project budgets – Liaison with Architects in charge at every stage of the project to ensure compliance with project budget and plan, and appropriate action in case of any deviation.
- Creating and managing Forecast vs Actual finances for all projects – flagging up changes / delays and appropriate action.
- Analysing project costs, profitability, revenue and utilization.
- Ensuring timesheet procedures are followed and up-to-date.
- Invoicing and Payment Management.
- Assistance with Credit Control.
- Assistance with checking, signing and filing legal documents.
- Tracking of project sub-consultants and suppliers progress and billing (by liaising with the Architect in charge).
- Sound double entry bookkeeping knowledge
- Awareness of WHT, VAT and corporation tax issues
- Flexibility to cover all aspects of the Finance teams’ work – purchase & sales ledger & cash book as we work on a team basis and assist one another during annual leave etc.
- Regular and ad hoc management accounting tasks as required
Experience and Qualification
The company is seeking an individual with good Project and Financial Accounting skills obtained within a Professional Services environment, ideally in Architecture or an associated discipline.
You should be certified or studying towards a recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA and have gained at least three years’ experience in a busy commercial environment.
You will be experienced in working within a team environment and be expected to contribute substantially to supplying financial information to Architectural and Business Managers in a timely and accurate manner.
You will work under the direction of the Head of Finance and also liaise closely with Operational Directors.
You will be well versed in the terminology and structures of Project Costing systems and will be capable of working autonomously and sometimes in an advisory and training capacity within Project Teams.
We require a good working knowledge of Sage or similar accounting package as well as advanced level knowledge of Excel.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who wants to join a truly international and progressive studio. This is to work in a well formed finance team who have been praised for their positive and integrated working ways.
Please apply without delay to Gabrielle Saw, Creative Support Specialist at Adrem Group