Project Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- AutoCAD, InDesign, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Project Designer / London / £30-£35K (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Furniture Design, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Manufacturing, materials, InDesign.
An award winning, global company whose focus on creating sustainable eye catching commercial furniture is looking for a curious and open-minded Project Designer to join their new London branch. Ideally the candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience, preferably in furniture / office system manufacturing. They would also like the candidate to have some level of experience in project management.
If you have a passion for delivering meaningful solutions across workplace and office furniture, then we want to hear for you.
THE PROJECT DESIGNER JOB
- Product output of business integrating class-leading furniture frame system.
- Management of a small team.
- Presenting ideas to clients as well as liaising with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Project manage the production of numerous bespoke furniture pieces, of different scales and numbers.
- Provide customer service along with commitment to delivering the combination of quality design.
- Management of CAD and material specifications.
- Oversee the quoting stages of various projects to schedules for upper management to understand the cost and lead time of the new and ongoing works.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
- A thorough understanding of furniture manufacture and materials.
- Experienced in AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- A background in delivering complex projects.
- Supply chain and project management experience.
- Comfortable meeting and interacting with clients.
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of InDesign would be a bonus.