Project Director Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A dynamic, London based, design-led practice is looking for an ambitious and experienced Project Director with excellent communication and client relation skills.
Project Architect with 5+ years UK post Part III experience with delivering and leading high end private and developer led residential projects, from inception to completion.
As Project Director, the successful candidate will be the main point of contact for clients and their agent within our practice.
The role involves overseeing all jobs in the office and collating and coordinating work from the experienced design and technical teams.
Business development duties are an integral part of the proposed role and must be based on proven experience, both in generating leads and converting them into projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to design and technical development and discussions, but will not be expected to produce or lead production of design or technical drawings and information.
We are looking for an independent, highly motivated individual with a flexible and collaborative approach towards client’s, consultants and the team internally. There is also room for career progression for an individual who has the drive to push themselves to the next level.
Primary duties will include:
- Sourcing and participating in networking events and opportunities and creating new leads and leading expansion into new sectors.
- Initial conversations and meetings with new clients leading to issuing of fee proposals and negotiating to an agreed and signed appointment.
- Complete management of several projects in parallel from inception to completion including, full client front, programming, resourcing, and setting and monitoring milestones and deadlines in collaboration with our Design, Technical and Structural team leaders.
- Source and facilitate appointments by clients of external consultants and liaise and monitor their work.
- Advise and guide clients with regards to all aspects of projects, including design, budget, time tables, planning, technical and structural (with the full support and collaboration from our team leaders)
- Excellent communication, presentation and client relations skills.
- Outstanding organisational, time and people management skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients, external consultants and in-house team.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of BIM concepts and workflows.
- Intimate and up to date Knowledge of UK planning policies and standards.
- Fluency with Microsoft office package (Microsoft project, power point) or other project planning and monitoring applications and presentation software.
Salary and package:
Circa £55,000 – £65,000 per annum plus bonus and company car.
All applications must include:
- Full and current CV
- Relevant work samples (no large portfolios)
Please apply online or contact Hedeel in strict confidence for further details.