Project Operations Manager for Global Engineering Firm
A global engineering firm is seeking a project focused, all-rounder who is often the ‘go-to’ person in their team. This person must have worked within engineering, architecture or the built environment and will act as a first point of call for commercial and financial support.
Every day will be different as responsibilities will range from championing their project management tools, to producing financial reports and resourcing analytics, to supporting the team in project administration.
- Providing guidance and regular reporting to Job Leaders to ensure jobs are on track with planned resourcing and in profit
- Escalate where any risks are perceived
- Resourcing to allow a team to maintain an appropriate size for their workload
- Highlight to the business different resource restraints and availability
- Produce project reports to review actual vs planned figures
- Hold close relationships with the teams and make sure communication routes are open
- Provide continuity and act as the first point of contact
- Build commercial awareness and support within discipline
- Monitor profitability targets across projects with senior management team
Key Qualities they are looking for:
- Sound commercial awareness and an aptitude for financial management
- Enthusiasm and pro-activity
- Strong communication skills
- Excel-savvy as well as being highly numerate with a logical approach
- Great perception as well as being incisive and concise with the ability to focus on the right issues at the right time
- Tenacious and thorough, able to follow tasks through to completion
- Experience of supporting a team of people, including senior managers as well as one-to-one basis
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse team, please get in touch to hear more about the role.