Quality Manager for High Profile Architecture Firm Job
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A high profile British Architecture firm are looking for an experienced Quality Manger to join their busy studio in central London. The ideal person for this role will be commercially astute, have experience in managing multiple projects and have experience in making high level decisions and recommendations to senior management on quality assurance, environmental management and enhancement matters.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the quality system to BS EN ISO 9001 and environmental management system to BS EN ISO 14001.
- Being responsible for the generation and implementation of the internal quality system audit programme and the follow up of all corrective actions arising from the internal audits.
- Ensuring all documentation related to the quality system is controlled as defined in the various procedures.
- Being Responsible for ensuring that any quality related problem, whether system, service, product or contract is resolved effectively.
- Ensuring that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) as integrated systems are established, implemented and maintained.
- Reporting to Partners on the performance of the QMS and EMS along with any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness of client requirements throughout the practice.
- Liaising with the external assessment body on all matters related to the external accreditation process.
The following specific actions relating to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 are required:
- Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents within the scope of the QMS and EMS.
- Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the QMS and EMS are being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
- Ensure that the performance of the QMS and EMS is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review means assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the QMS and EMS.
- Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by the Partners for measuring the performance of the QMS and EMS and that these are regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the QMS and EMS related to their own roles and responsibilities. Provide update training as necessary.
- Ensure that all suppliers and sub consultants used by the organization are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Ensure that the Partners undertakes periodic but regular assessments of client satisfaction and that consequent improvements are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted to verify that the QMS and EMS conforms to planned arrangements and are effectively implemented and maintained in accordance with the QMS and EMS arrangements. Ensure that appropriate action is taken when this is not the case.
- Analyse data on the effectiveness of the QMS and EMS and evaluate where continual improvements of the QMS and EMS can be made. This shall include data generated because of monitoring and measurement and from other relevant sources.
- Co-ordinate continual improvements of the QMS and EMS, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
- Arrange quarterly meetings with the Quality and Environmental Group, coordinate its activities, setting the agenda for and preparing minutes for each meeting, presenting the findings to the Partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established and thriving architectural studio. Proven experience in a similar role is essential.