Retail Store Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
Store Designer reporting to Head of Visual Merchandising, this role involves working in a small team to help design and execute the aesthetic of our outstanding showrooms, globally. This role involves the execution of design strategy with technical precision and effective communication.
- Prepare sketches, perspective views, technical floor plans and elevations to architectural level, 3D renderings and other support materials to communicate design solutions as needed.
- Support the project lead in procurement, concept development and gathering inspiration, from project start through presentation and execution.
- Participate and lead design conversation in Project Team meetings during Design + Build phases, presenting to internal and external partners.
- Maintain a current, accurate and up-to-date project file for all materials, assets, drawings and correspondence.
- Participate in the architectural design process by reviewing and analysing project documentation, including elevation and schematic design reviews and troubleshooting.
- Preparation of design and visual merchandising material and assets for existing showrooms.
- A solid understanding of the brand, to ensure projects are executed in the best and most appropriate way possible.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Qualified in relevant classification (eg Architecture, Interior Architecture, Draftsmanship, Interior Design).
- 3+ years’ experience in retail or brand design.
- Efficient in Auto-CAD (or Layout), and Sketchup.
- Efficient in Photoshop, preferably Creative Suite too.
- Experience in producing and presenting PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience in space planning.
- An understanding of retail experiences.
- Strong abilities to work in a cross-functional team setting and achieve results through collaboration and sharing.
- Ability to execute multiple projects under tight deadlines.