Luxury Retail Senior Associate/Associate Job
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- AutoCAD, Rhino
- Job Reference:
This dynamic company operate predominantly within the luxury retail design sector and as their client base grows so must their company. They are looking for an exemplary associate to work alongside two existing associates as this thriving team of 25 take on more international briefs. The ideal candidate must come from a proven luxury retail branded agency and have proven experience on working on trend setting projects on the highest calibre.
Projects are primarily but not exclusively within the luxury retail sector; the company are also taking on some F&B and high-end residential work. Their penthouse office is a flagship for a contemporary work environment. It boasts a roof garden, pool table and kitchen in addition to the companies added perks such as life drawing classes and yoga! The office, the companies care for their staff and of course their excellent projects truly make this the perfect place to work!
- Highly motivated and creative designer with a passion for creating innovative, high quality retail and F&B designs for the luxury market
- Proven experience in the design and delivery of luxury retail across all scales from multi floor department stores to stand alone boutiques.
- Has a strong understanding and opinion of current retail and general design trends.
- Design sensibility and taste to lead luxury retail projects. Strong understanding of retail detail and material specification.
- Experience in F&B projects an advantage
- Leadership and experience in managing and delivering projects at all stages.
- Strong leadership skills in managing and motivating a design team
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and motivating a team of Architects and Designers in delivering highly creative design solutions.
- Managing the creative and technical delivery for their allocated projects.
- Resourcing, Budget Management, performance management for their team.
- Actively participate in the growth of the company through the development and implementation of systems and mentor ship.
- Develop and challenge the design brief
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Overseeing quality control of work produced within the team.
- Highlight resource needs and timings required to deliver the work-flow.
- Relevant BA (Hons) qualification or above / Part Three Architect
- Advanced level skills in AutoCAD and Rhino
- Strong sketching ability
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Good people management, couching and mentoring skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible working hours on a 42.5 hr working week Monday to Friday (arrive between 8am & 9:30am – leave after 5:30pm)
- 1 hour for lunch (unpaid)
- Superb office working environment, equipment, software, pool table, kitchen and roof terraces etc.
- All kitchen food basics are provided free of charge.
- Yoga classes run twice a week (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Personal fitness trainer sessions are normally twice a week (times / days varies)
- Fortnightly evening Life drawing classes in the office.
- Opportunity to join the company pension scheme after completion of probationary period (3-6 months)
- 20 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays and Xmas closure period
- End of year bonuses are awarded performance based / pro-rata for time served at the Directors discretion (depending on economic success of the business in each calendar year)
- Annual salary reviews.