Senior Design Engineer – Tooling and Equipment Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
Senior Design Engineer – Tooling and Equipment / West London / £45k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Industrial Design, Engineer, Mechanical, Electronics, Design for Manufacture, Transport, Cycling, Solidworks, CNC, Tooling, Rigs
A world-renowned manufacturer of personal transport products requires a Senior Design Engineer to lead projects to design and deliver new or modified production equipment. The Design Engineer will be responsible for liaising with the Production and Assembly Managers to verify design briefs and hand over completed projects, where projects could include devising intricate brazing or assembly fixtures, specialist hand tools, metal forming tools and integrating CNC machines or automated solutions for production.
THE SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER JOB
- Technical support for daily production.
- Manage projects; setting targets, managing the work and measuring the success of the outcome.
- Devising intricate brazing or assembly fixtures, specialist hand tools and metal forming tools.
- Integrating CNC machines or automated solutions for production.
- Issuing of CAD files, technical drawings and maintain project records.
- Production of modelling, assembly and engineering drawings.
- Bench testing, conducting trials, experience and proving out principles.
- Specifying and sourcing technical components and standard parts.
- You may be involved in CE marking and design stage risk assessments but design for safety will be applied throughout.
ABOUT THE SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of designing manufacturing and assembly equipment such as jigs, fixtures, tools and machines etc.
- Appreciation of modern manufacturing processes such as CNC, CMM or robotics
- 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred).
- Able to demonstrate modelling, assembly and engineering drawing to a good standard.
- You will have a good understanding of the design process, material selection and standards, (especially the Machinery Directive and ideally PUWER 98).
- Experience operating workshop machinery such as lathe, mill and bench tools would be an advantage.