This position represents a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of creative restaurant design. You must be comfortable working autonomously and taking your own initiative. The working environment is dynamic and entrepreneurial and you will be joining a close-knit team of designers in the UK office. Given the international pipeline, travel is an essential part of the role.
Education and Experience:
BA Architectural Interior Design or similar, with min 5-6 years’ post-graduate experience.
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will have proven experience of having successfully led projects from inception to completion, always demonstrating exceptional design skills. You will work closely with the directors and founders of the company where you will have ‘hands-on’ in your approach whilst using your own initiative.
- Proven working knowledge restaurants and/or hotels
- Proven experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner
- Proven experience in running and delivering projects from initial concept to completion, to include: Brief, Concept design, Production information, Tender process, Handover
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture, and the ability to explain these to others
- Ability to produce sketch hand drawings
- Proven experience in AutoCAD, Photoshop Adobe Suit, Excel and MS office
- Self-motivated but also a good team player
- Organised, and able to manage a team effectively, whilst mentoring junior team members
- Ability to manage time and work flow of projects efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Managing projects efficiently and within schedule
- Managing and briefing broader design team and liaising with project team
- Preparation in part, or full, of concepts, mood boards, preliminary and final designs, and development of details, furniture and fixtures
- Developing detailed designs documentation and choosing materials
If you are interested in finding out more about this Restaurant Interior Designer job than please get in touch with Deborah D’Silva or apply online.
Please ensure you send both your CV & portfolio when applying for this job.