Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director / London / £47k – 55k / Permanent
Skills: Graphic Design, Art Direction, Consumer Products, Packaging, Digital, Video, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
An exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director to join a London based household name in the world of contemporary homeware products and a major player in the global retail market. With new ranges launching twice yearly, the company has won multiple awards for their innovative products and trend driven design.
The role requires you to be heavily involved in the art direction of the brand, leading their digital, video and print media assets.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years commercial experience in a creative department or practice. Working to two seasonal launches a year, the role requires a highly creative and organized individual to take ownership of both the creative and planning sides of the role.
THE SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR ROLE
- Plan, organize and art-direct seasonal lifestyle and launch photography to ensure their imagery is on-brand, highly engaging and able to be utilized across a variety of print and digital touch points and global markets.
- Deliver seasonal launch packs to promote new collections including sales presenters, photography and press advertising.
- Storyboard, organize and art-direct video content to promote key new season products and best-sellers and collaborate with the online team to ensure assets are briefed and optimized to work effectively on the various digital channels including company website, Youtube and social media.
- Design of the bi-annual catalogue from initial concepts to final artwork and print management.
- Source and manage external photographers, video producers, locations and studios.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. Help set and work to critical paths to ensure key milestones are met.
- Deliver tailored promotional material including press and trade advertising, event invitations and direct marketing for local and international markets.
- Retouch images to ensure all visuals are to a high standard.
- Support other areas of the department where necessary, including digital, packaging, retail and exhibitions.
ABOUT SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR
- At least 8-10 years commercial experience in a creative department or practice.
- Highly visual and articulate with strong presentation skills.
- Experience in creating digital content for digital channels.
- Art-direction for lifestyle and product photography.
- Art-direction for video content
- Experience working with consumer products is preferred but not essential.
- Management experience and a proven track record of working to critical paths and deadlines.
- A highly creative talent and successful career to date with graphic design from concept to print-ready artwork.
- Very high standards of Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator
- Proficiency in Mac OS and MS Office
- Proficiency in After Effects and Final Cut Pro / video editing software