Senior/Associate Interior Designer | Hospitality | West London | £40-55K
This prestigious design consultancy seek a Senior/Associate Interior Designer with Hotel experience to lead a team as they take on 5* international projects.
Aim of the Role
- At this company a Senior/Associate Designer is considered to be one of the most senior people of the company and as such the responsibilities are towards the development and success of the company on a larger scale and more specifically on the delivery and high quality of the interior design projects.
- As Senior Designer you should assume ownership, responsibility and accountability for the design and professional competence of the Hospitality Department projects. You will lead the design teams and ensure that the designs are of high quality, technically competent, practical, and fit for purpose, compliant with relevant statutory requirements whilst in accordance with the Client objectives and budgetary constraints.
- The aim of this role is to assume ownership, responsibility and accountability for the delivery of projects to agreed programmes, managing the design team and working within the budget allowances for the projects. As a qualified professional the Company will expect you to conduct yourself as such in all aspects of the duties and responsibilities assigned to you both internally and externally.
- There are likely to be a number of projects/activities at any one time of various sizes and at various stages, the team members under your direction will consist of professionals with differing degrees of skill and experience. Working alongside your senior colleagues you will provide direction and support to all team members ensuring delivery of the projects to time and budget.
- Accurate records of communications, notes, sketches, documentation are crucial and at times may be required as legal back-up. You must ensure that your team is fully aware of the Company’s filing system and that it is adhered to strictly and professionally whether in electronic or paper form, incoming or outgoing. Once the project is completed you will be responsible for ensuring that all project documentation is carefully archived.
Whilst you will be involved/consulted in the general management and decision making processes of the department in so far as it is possible and relevant to your area of expertise, your primary function will include the following duties:
- Develop client’s brief demonstrating understanding of their requirements.
- Assist Team Leader to present concept and developed design to client to gain approval.
- Assist Team Leader with client liaison to ensure their requirements are met.
- Develop concept and supervise production of presentation.
- Develop schematic design up to and including detailed technical and FF&E design
- Supervise production of drawings, specifications and FF&E documentation.
- Attend site as required to ensure design-compliance and to resolve site problems.
- Liaise with operator and other consultants to co-ordinate the internal design with the project team.
- Ensure clear and regular project updates including resource requirements with Team Leader.
- Monitor project to ensure completion within client’s programme and budget.
- Assist in recruitment and induction of new team members to ensure smooth transition into the team.
- Ensure that all team members are trained and work to the expected standards and required procedures of the company.
- Manage performance of team to achieve high quality standards of work and to meet the challenges of the business.
- Assist in annual appraisal process
- Encourage knowledge to be shared across team and organisation to achieve consistency in standards and easier working relationships.
- Review staff levels and structure to ensure right resource is available to meet the demands of the project
- Monitor team capabilities to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Manage team to encourage cohesion and staff well being monitoring attendance and leave process
If you are interested in this Senior/Associate Hotel Interior Designer role, please contact Deborah D’Silva or apply online.
Kindly ensure BOTH your CV and Portfolio are attached in your application.