Senior Industrial Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Director, Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- 3DS Max, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks, Vectorworks
- Job Reference:
Senior Industrial Designer / London / £45k-£50k / Permanent
Skills: Industrial Designer, Production, Management, Technical, Wayfinding, Signage, Installation, Project management.
A leading wayfinding and signage studio are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Industrial Designer who is both creatively inquisitive and technically accomplished to design and deliver innovative visitor experiences for some of the biggest and best-known galleries, museums and commercial destinations.
This team comprises of experienced architects, artists, lighting designers, industrial designers and visualisers and you will play an active role in the leadership and direction, assisting in decision making for the future of the business and managing certain aspects of the studio.
THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER ROLE
- Provide a creative, effective and innovative senior role in the design team, with a strength in industrial design for wayfinding projects.
- Participate and contribute to ideation sessions and design sprints.
- Generate design concepts through product development to final design and implementation.
- Develop presentations for both internal and external meetings and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with the wider teams across graphics, engineering and architecture to ensure the work is fully integrated into the overall design of any project.
- Establish and maintain relationships with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Knowledge and interest of current and emerging technologies.
- Ensure all work is produced is to the highest of quality whilst providing value for money.
ABOUT THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- Strong conceptual, innovation and creative approach.
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice and industry standards but able to push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Strong communicator, both visually and verbally.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite, Vectorworks, Solidworks and/or Rhino as well as 3D Rendering packages.