Role: Senior Designer
Department: Industrial Designer
My client, one of London’s most prestigious industrial/product design consultancies is looking for a “fullstack” Industrial/Product designer to join the team. Their expansion comes due to the sheer number of projects they are working and their high client retention rate.
Project areas include:
– Digital Experience
– Physical Experience
As a Senior Designer at this market leading studio you will be responsible for leading, under the direction of a Director or Lead Designer, the creation, development, refinement and documentation of innovative and compelling industrial design solutions that are in line with the design objectives and goals of the studio, while understanding and achieving the needs of the client on each specific project.
You will become involved in all stages of a project, including research, concept development and preparation of client presentations.
Main responsibilities will include supporting the business in all aspects of Industrial Design. Key tasks include but are not limited to:
– Taking a lead role in projects, from concept to execution and implementation, providing creative and technical leadership and direction from the project team.
– Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
– Translate client requests and business requirements into specification and tangible changes, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
– Developing modelling and visualising skills within the entire studio.
When not engaged in in project work, you will seek tasks that add value, including:
– Keeping up to date on emerging technologies, designs and usability research
– Maintaining the company asset library
– Maintaining and improving the file structure and organisation on the server
– Researching new trends and developments relevant to other ongoing projects