Senior Industrial Designer Job
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Senior Industrial Designer / Cambridge / £ 45k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Design Management, Consumer Products, Medical, Pro Engineer, Solidworks, Keyshot
An award winging product development and technology consultancy based in Cambridge is looking to expand their Industrial Design Team. They are currently looking for a talented and creative Industrial Designer with experience leading and developing innovative and exciting solutions. This is an established company that is experiencing exponential growth, winning multiple awards, and recognised as a market leader in delivering high impact solutions for blue chip companies and small start-ups. They have a multi-disciplinary team and work in sectors such as Medical, Defence and Security and telecoms. With spectacular offices and labs based in Cambridge you will be working with the best technology in the industry with a clear path for growth and development.
THE SENIOR DESIGNER JOB
- Take a leading design role, where you will be required to apply your design skills in the development of industry leading medical products.
- Liaising with clients around the world, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team of highly talented designers, engineers and consultants to deliver novel solutions.
- Leading the Industrial Design components of a development programme, working closely with other design teams.
- Facilitation of creative workshops and leading client presentations, understanding marketing needs and prepare proposals.
- Generation of innovative medical devices and equipment from concept to working prototype manufacture.
- Promoting the capabilities of the Industrial Design and Human Factors team and planning these activities.
- Producing robust, high quality surface models.
- Detailed design of components and products.
- Creation of photorealistic renderings and animations.
- Writing technical reports and producing high quality design documentation.
- Active contribution to the sales campaigns.
ABOUT THE SENIOR DESIGNER
- Requires hands on experience in Product/Industrial design.
- Bring a fresh creative perspective, new tools and techniques.
- You should be able to use the Adobe Suite.
- Able to use 3D CAD packages such as Pro-Engineer and Solidworks.
- Able to articulate design solutions to meet tight technical requirements.
- You will have a high level of practical experience with significant and proven technical skills, in an industrial design consultancy environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes from one off designs to high volume manufacture.
- Have a great track record of exciting products brought to the market.
- Able to demonstrate your visual flair and communication skills.
- You will be a bright, enthusiastic team player.