Senior Industrial Designer – Medical Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Senior Industrial Designer / Ireland / €65000 + (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Medical Devices, Drug Delivery, Human Factors, Innovation, Project Management, Ergonomics, User Cantered Design, Solidworks.
We currently have an exciting and career defining opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Industrial Designer to join an innovative and forward thinking medical device design and development company that has a history of successfully delivering medical components, devices and systems to clients all over the world. The studio works closely some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies to develop better products and meaningful solutions.
This multi-disciplinary team of designers, engineers and technicians are currently looking for an experienced industrial designer, that is passionate about creating better human experiences and is a natural problem solver. You must be able to demonstrate experience in industrial design, engineering and human factors with the ability to develop medical devices from early concept through to delivery.
THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER JOB
- Take a leading design role, where you will be required to apply your design skills in the development of industry leading medical products.
- Incorporate product design, human factors and usability considerations as well as the ability to incorporate novel mechanisms and engineering solutions.
- Liaising with clients from around the world, you will work with a highly driven and dedicated team of talented designers and engineers, to deliver innovative solutions.
- Client presentations, understanding marketing needs and prepare proposals.
- Be an ambassador for the team, effectively managing and mentoring more junior members as well as cultivating a strong team ethos.
- Strong concept ideation and the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Generation of innovative medical devices and equipment from concept, through development to manufacture.
- Applying a balance of form, function and user experience to deliver sophisticated design solutions.
- Coordinate research workshops to gain insight in to user needs.
ABOUT THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- 1st or Upper 2nd class degree within Product/Industrial design.
- Experience in Solidworks.
- Skills in human factors and usability of products.
- Confident communication with great story telling ability.
- Proven track record of delivering elegant design solutions.
- Knowledge of ergonomics, design research, engineering and user experience.
- Proven people management skills.
- Client facing experience.