Senior Residential Interior Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
This firm is a consistently produces elegant, sophisticated design which has gained them the interest from UK and international clientele.
They are looking for a senior designer with a minimum of 7 years’ experience, UK experience would be advantageous. A degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture is essential along with projects of varying scale in the high-end residential and commercial sectors.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative and come with a strong work history at leading design firms. Evidence of leading projects from conception to completion in accordance with the client’s brief is essential. This is a client facing role and so the candidate must be confident in delivering design proposals and liaising with clients. This is in addition to working proficiently individually and within a team.
Experienced at dealing with:
- Clients in a highly professional manner.
- Contractors and other specialists.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, EstiPC and Adobe Creative Suite range.
- Excellent design, presentation and graphics skills with proven experience delivering high-end, luxury interior design projects.
- Excellent production of design documentation including providing leading interior package documentation with technical drawing from AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of current building regulations, technical/structural build details and tender packages.
- Extensive experience of space planning and electrical layouts.
- Experience in FF&E procurement, including sourcing, management of suppliers and very good knowledge of materials and bespoke fabrication.
- Strong experience and understanding for managing project budgets and timelines, including the build aspect and FF&E using EstiPC.
- Experience of bathroom and kitchen design.
- Experience in the design of bespoke furniture.
- Experience managing project budgets and timelines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Experience of managing a team and individuals with the ability to manage and delegate to junior members of the design team.
- Understanding of the principals of CDM and Principal Designer as per the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Communicating affectively with other Senior Designers, the Studio Director and Owner.
- Self-motivated focus to achieve project deadlines.
- Liaise with Clients directly to ascertain their goals, visons, likes and dislikes.
- Creating and presenting design schemes.
- Project manage the design process, materials, contractors and suppliers through from concept to completed and approved installation, ensuring that time is appropriately managed and deadlines met.
- Cost each refurbishment project and ensure these are completed within budget.
- Produce schedules for building, electrical and bespoke joinery packages.
- Oversee production and manage drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Build and maintain effective supplier and contractor relationships to ensure progress and the highest of standards of work.
- Management of necessary building sites and coordinating works on site.
- Site installation and completion as well as working with building contractors.
- Manage and delegate to junior members of the design team.
- Communicate progress, problems and any other relevant design or project information effectively to and with other Senior Designers, the Studio Director and Owner.