Senior Medical Innovation & Research Consultant Job
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
Senior Medical Innovation & Research Consultant / Cambridge / £45k+ / Permanent
Skills: Research, Design Direction, Ethnography, Project Management, Human Factors, Human Sciences, Ergonomics, Products, Services, Anthropology, Workshop
A leading product design and technology innovation consultancy based in Cambridge are looking for an experienced Senior Medical Innovation & Research Consultant to join their growing team of designers, engineers, and researchers. Working across the medical sector in the UK and internationally to help drive and build the research service and actively secure new and repeat business. The studio is renown for applying a holistic approach to ensure product success, covering all aspects of design from insight to delivery. Their human-centred approach to design ensures innovative and rewarding experiences. This is a very exciting opportunity to join an ever growing team with great scope for advancement and professional development. Salary is dependent on experience.
THE SENIOR MEDICAL INNOVATION & RESEARCH CONSULTANT ROLE
- Leading multi-stakeholder, high quality primary and secondary research projects for medical clients.
- Providing actionable insight for breakthrough innovation & NPD
- Managing operational relationships and commercial success.
- Gathering requirements and insights from clients, stakeholders and users.
- Work closely with design teams to plan and implement qualitative research programmes, including interviews, contextual enquiries, focus groups and co-creation workshops.
- Build long lasting client relationships and frame proposals.
- Understand the market and competition.
- Oversee and manage global product activities.
- Analyse findings, translate and report insights that shape design and business strategy.
- Apply solid theoretical or practical grounding in ergonomics, human factors, anthropology, psychology.
ABOUT THE SENIOR MEDICAL INNOVATION & RESEARCH CONSULTANT
- A 2:1 or above in Science, Engineering or other relevant Social Science.
- The imagination, empathy and aptitude to think and see beyond today’s markets, products and services.
- Excellent presenting, written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness to travel for fieldwork and business development activities.
- Knowledge of future social and marketing trends.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- A passion for understanding people, places and cultures.
- Enthusiasm for design and innovation.
- Knowledge of medical devices business strategy and an ability to apply this knowledge to the exploration of business models for new innovative devices.
- Ability to demonstrate, Contextual Research, Ethnographic techniques, Workshop design and facilitation techniques, Human Factors / Ergonomics, Usability evaluation.