Senior Product Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- 3DS Max, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Senior Product Designer / Dorset / £40k – £50k / Permanent
Skills: Product design, Industrial Design, Lighting, Solidworks, Creo, ProEngineer, SiemensNX, Rhino, 3DSMax, Keyshot, Product Development, Manufacture.
We are currently working with one of the UK’s fastest growing lighting manufactures on a great opportunity to join their design led team in Dorset. The successful candidate will be taking a leading role in the design and development of lighting products for some of the biggest high street names. The growing team is currently looking for a talented and self-motivated Senior Product Designer who will work alongside the wider product development team to design and deliver compelling, high quality product, from conception through to market. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques, with working knowledge of lighting design. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team with great scope for personal and professional development.
THE DESIGNER ROLE
- Take an active role in the conceptualisation and development of new products.
- Contribute to the end to end design development of client briefs and in-house projects.
- Bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of design development. Working on multiple projects at once.
- Ideating and producing sketches, visualisations and prototypes, with the ability to design different styled products for household and commercial use.
- Determine appropriate materials, mechanisms, construction, colours and finishes.
- Dealing with suppliers and manufacturers and should have a good understanding of cost and budgets.
- You should have some commercial awareness.
- Presenting concepts and attending meetings.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
- A degree in a relevant creative discipline. BA / BSc in Product Design, Industrial Design.
- Relevant industry experience.
- A developing portfolio of innovative and creative design work.
- Ambition to take on more responsibility of team deliverables but able to work autonomously with energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Knowledge of Solidworks, Creo, ProEngineer, SiemensNX, Rhino, 3DSMax, Keyshot and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Open to national and international travel as and when required.