Showroom Manager – Clerkenwell Area Job
- City of London, London
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A global design company in Clerkenwell London are looking for a talented Showroom Manager to successfully develop an exciting and innovative space to become the ‘go to’ showroom in the area.
Responsibilities will include managing and developing the company’s showroom sales team to promote and sell their products and services, identifying opportunities to develop sustainable growth in sales and profitability, run the events.
The ideal candidate has experience running a busy showroom, managing a team and exceeding sales target expectations in a previous role.
Key Responsibilities for the Showroom Manager
- Oversee the smooth running of the showroom, ensuring they operate with the highest standards of customer service and presentation
- Uphold the company ethos and brand values with the utmost care and attention.
- Manage and support the showroom sales team, ensuring they operate with confidence, competence and knowledge of our procedures, products and prices. Review performance, setting goals and targets.
- Nurture client relations to develop sales with new and existing trade and retail clients and propose new business development opportunities.
- Take personal responsibility for select major client accounts/opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and issue reports to Senior Management on sales performance of clients and products, as well gross margin and other KPI’s.
- Manage the day-to-day sales related issues and ensure all leads and enquires are followed up in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain the showroom rota and ensure adequate staff levels are maintained (Monday – Saturday) and at relevant events.
- Introduce and maintain a training program to develop expertise and increase product and sales knowledge.
- Ensure all samples are well stocked
- Collaborate with the showroom stylists to ensure the showroom remains fresh and in tune with current trends.
- Ensure all new products are launched and correctly represented through all sales channels and/or relevant events.
- Order follow-up with procurement, warehouse and accounts to ensure all orders are fully paid for and are fulfilled in accordance with their quoted lead-times and client’s expectations.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Management and Marketing to propose and develop new sales and marketing initiatives.
Key Skills Required for the Showroom Manager
- A keen interest in design and experience within the interiors market, ideally in selling to the A&D market
- Showroom/Sales Management experience with proven track record in growing sales.
- Well presented, client facing and first class communication skills, written and spoken.
- Be able to manage 7 – 8 events per annum with 40 – 150 attending.
- Hands-on, solution orientated with excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent motivation and influencing skills. Strong leadership, mentoring and team player, committed to team and individual goals.