Structural Packaging Designer – Freelancer Job
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Structural Packaging Designer – Freelancer / London / £250 – £300 pd (Negotiable) / Freelance
Skills: Product Design, Structural Packaging, Branding, FMCG, Sketching, CAD, Pro Engineer, Creo, Concept.
One of the world’s leading design and innovation companies have an opportunity for a Structural Packaging Designer to join their team for at least 2 weeks. You must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of structural design and brand awareness, with a high level of creative and technical ability. Based in their London studio you will join a team of award winning designers that have produced some of the most iconic products of the last three decades.
THE STRUCTURAL PACKAGING DESIGNER JOB
- A thorough understanding of the design process, from concept through to manufacture – with expertise in plastic bottles.
- Able to combine technical, strategic, creative and craft skills to ensure that the essence of a brand is optimally instilled into every aspect of the brands physicality.
- Great sketching and visualisation abilities, showing a thorough understanding of form.
- Ability to generate and clearly communicate inspiring ideas, from sketch work through to development, visually and verbally.
- Resourceful, intuitive and inventive problem solving supporting a broad range of design briefs ranging from sculptural brand expression to innovative functionality.
- Working knowledge and experience of manufacturing, materials, processes, and mechanical principles.
ABOUT THE STRUCTURAL PACKAGING DESIGNER
- A BA, BSc degree in Product Design is essential.
- A great thinker who can understand and interpret brands, appreciating how products and brands interact with consumers.
- A self-motivated and energetic team player.
- A positive and proactive approach.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD – ideally Pro Engineer/Creo.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong communication skills.