Studio Director for Strategic Design Consultancy in Hammersmith Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
A leading strategic design consultancy specialising in commercial interior design projects is seeking a Studio Director to join their studio in Hammersmith.
The role and responsibilities are:
– Management of the day-to-day functioning of the studio
– Managing and directing the design staff employed in the studio
– Responsible in conjunction with the creative Director and the Design Directors for the profitability of the studio team
– Provide resources as required by the Design Directors and others to fulfil the Company’s commitment to its clients in a timely and cost effective manager
– Retain such freelance staff as are necessary to meet the needs of the business in a timely and cost effective manner
– Ensure that “best practice” is operating in the studio by keeping systems and practices up to date and by training in and communication of these standards to all staff including freelancers
– To assist the Design Directors in achieving optimal output from all staff by managing and directing staff assigned to projects when the Design Directors are out of the office
– Holding regular meetings between the Design Directors and the Creative Director to optimise communication
– Organising studio hiring, capacity management and needs forecasting
– Holding regular career and training appraisals for the studio team
– Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer to manage the financial and IT requirements of the studio to increase efficiency
– Assisting Marketing in the preparation of proposals with particular responsibility for scope of works, deliverables, fees and timing
– Organising regular meetings to provide information to the studio and to receive feedback from employees
– Establish a Graduate Program for attracting and training top quality new designers
All applicants must have worked at senior level in managing staff and project delivery specifically with design projects. One must have proven leadership and mentoring skills and previous profit and loss responsibility.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a dynamic and successful team.
Please apply to Gabrielle Saw, Creative Support Specialist at Adrem Group