Studio Manager for Design and Cultural Practice
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young company that is designing and building exciting music and cultural venue across the globe – enhancing cities cultural offerings.
You will be resourceful, efficient and have previous experience in a similar role. Understanding of the architecture, design and construction industry would be beneficial and a positive, enthusiastic attitude will go a long way. The role is in a fast-paced environment and requires someone who is driven and hard-working. The ideal candidate will understand the daily requirements of all aspects of Office Management and managing a team.
- Be the main point of contact for all employees, contractors and clients who visit
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff
- Organise the office layout and maintain supplies of stationary and equipment
- Liaise with all outsourced vendors (IT, Printing, telephones etc)
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- Shared office space rental scheme management
- Organise internal office events
- HR – carrying out team appraisals, probation period reviews and approving annual leave
- Manage H&S policy, procedures and risk assessments, ensuring action is taken to mitigate risks and all corrective and preventative action of issues arising.
- Manage Fire Alarm systems and fire risk assessments
- Proactively keep up-to-date with all legislation ensuring compliance to all standards and laws.
The Ideal Candidate Must:
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Visio would be advantageous)
- Worked within architecture, design or construction as a studio manager, PA or EA
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite
- Have a proactive and personable attitude
- Be able to work autonomously
- Be an excellent team player and problem solver
- Have strong creative imagination and think outside the box
- Have proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills