Technical Interior Designer Job
- Amsterdam, North Holland
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
Amsterdam’s leading Hospitality practices are looking for a talented Senior Technical Interior Designer to join their highly creative team on a 6 month contract. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge, to add stunning award-winning projects to their portfolio and to gain an outstanding company name on their CV.
Your experience in detailed technical drawings and your ability to successfully contribute to several projects/initiatives simultaneously will help you bring their amazing projects to the next level.
Key day-to-day tasks of the Senior Technical Interior Designer include:
- To lead and mentor a team of designers and drafters in maintaining the technical standards of the studio’s drawing packages.
- Flexibility to work on several projects at the same time is your second nature.
- You will have a proven track record of setting up and update drawing templates, furniture library and will be able to apply this to the studio’s detailing standards manual as well as the studio’s drawing set guidelines
- Working on the development of floor plans and elevations from hand sketches from the design team and detailing of the preliminary design plans prepared by the studio’s interior designers will be part of your tasks
- You will work on completing sets of Interior drawings, plans, elevations and cross sections, including details, up to the Design Development phase.
- Working on custom product and furniture detailed drawings are part of your existing skill-set.
- You are experienced with designing custom fixturing, details and lighting layout and are able to produce finished plans, specifications, and material selections.
- You are at home working with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- As a proactive team player with excellent organization skills you add value to our team with your magnificent ideas that go beyond everyone’s imagination.
Essential key attributes of the Senior Technical Interior Designer include:
- 8+ years of relevant experience as a technical detailer with a strong understanding of all interior design stages
- You have a proven track record of being able to manage a team and motivate them to reach the highest level of excellence in drafting for interior design
- Bachelor degree in Interior Design and/or Architectural drafting/technology, or similar like College plus Art and Science
- Relevant international project experience, preferably in the hotel / hospitality industry
- Expert Vectorworks (3D) user, skilled user of professional software like Autocad , Revit and Sketch up. You will be required to mentor, lead and teach junior designers in Vectorworks (2D and 3D)
- Good knowledge of Adobe Suites is a plus
- Very well organized and structured
- Experience in mentoring others in working efficiently in VectorWorks;
- Experience leading and managing drafting teams, with a good understanding of workflow and software requirements
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Energetic, pro-active and driven with a good sense of ownership
- Fluent in English, spoken and written. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage
- Living in Amsterdam or willing to relocate there
If you are interested in finding out more about this Senior Technical Interior Designer role then please get in touch with Deborah D’Silva or apply online.
Please ensure you send your CV and portfolio when applying for this role.