Technical Lighting Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, SketchUp, Solidworks
- Job Reference:
Technical Lighting Designer/ London/ £30k-£32k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design Industrial Design, Lighting Design, Furniture Design, SolidWorks, 3D CAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up, manufacturing, engineering.
A London design company whose focus on the traditional and finer things are currently looking for a luminaire enthusiast. They are looking for someone with an eagle eye for detail and enjoy a fast-paced environment as their Technical Lighting Designer. Ideally, the candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in SolidWorks and a robust maturity in lighting design.
THE TECHNICAL LIGHTING DESIGNER JOB
- Managing the CAD database and ensuring all files are up-to-date, clear, consistent, accessible and in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Work to improve the performance and efficiency of existing products.
- Generating technical production drawings in SolidWorks of all our luminaries including mechanical drawings, and installation guides.
- Generating technical production drawings in SolidWorks of all pieces, including upholstered furniture frames & cabinetry, and preparing technical drawings.
- Resolving technical detail, produce clear working drawings and specifications in accordance with company standards for manufacture and site installation.
- Translating specifications into detailed production drawings.
- Build & maintain knowledge of relevant product areas and new technology by sharing expertise and driving professional development.
- Achieving a high standard for quality creativity ad engagement.
- To liaise with our workshops, interior designers and architects on creating a vision.
- Working with the Design Manager to engineer bespoke or custom solutions for the sales team.
- Provide technical support to the Creative Director on twice yearly new product launches.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
- A passion and desire for lighting design and development.
- Excellent Excel, Microsoft Office and communications skills both written and verbal
- Immaculate attention to detail.
- Knowledge in Photoshop and Sketchup software.