UX and Interaction Designer Job
- Woking, Surrey
- Job Level:
- Manager, Senior
- Job Type:
- Job Reference:
UX and Interaction Designer / Woking, Surrey / £50k – £55k / Permanent
Skills: Research, Design Direction, Ethnography, Project Management, Human Factors, Human Sciences, Ergonomics, Products, Services, Anthropology, Workshop Design
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced UX and Interaction Designer to join an innovative company that delivers unparalleled breakthroughs in performance through the application of advanced technology and design. This role presents an opportunity to join a team that consists of some of the most highly skilled professionals in design, technology, and engineering that deliver high-performance design of products and processes across a range of industries from health, motorsport, transport and consumer brands. If you have the skills to make a difference to a growing team and are excited by new challenges, motivated to succeed and want to grab opportunities with both hands, please get in touch.
THE UX AND INTERACTION DESIGNER ROLE
- To create compelling narratives, wireframes and desirable user experiences by gathering and defining user requirements which result in beautiful, intuitive and captivating graphical user interfaces.
- Responsible for user experience design as well as user interface development, collaborating in projects from initial concept to final product delivery.
- Work will be in a wide variety of sectors but all will be characterised by a level of technical differentiation that reflects the brand values.
- Manages interactions with and works collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, often acting as UX lead with indirect reports as part of a matrix project structure.
- Plans and leads the development of solutions across the full product lifecycle, concisely tailoring solutions from a blend of business and user requirements.
- Understand and translate complex technical challenges and requirements into simple and elegant user-centred solutions.
- Drive digital projects forward as well as dive into detail when required.
- Integrate and work with others from a wide range of disciplines, for example front end software developers, mathematicians, data scientists, commercial business development and sales.
- Seek opportunities for UX enhancement in projects across the business and prove the value of design on a daily basis.
- Provide clear technical input into project planning, budget estimates and pre-sales activities for new client engagements.
- Create documentation to a high standard, with the ability to write and deliver impactful design presentations externally with confidence.
- Represent the brand, reporting and presenting to clients, partners and colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Some domestic or international travel may be required from time to time.
- Recognised as expert in own discipline within the organisation, delivering solutions in keeping with the technology roadmap.
ABOUT THE UX AND INTERACTION DESIGNER
- Have a BSc, MA, BEng, equivalent technical degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Are adept at undertaking user research, user workshops, user test, UI/UX validation and requirements gathering.
- Have experience in designing detailed user journeys.
- Are able to produce screen-based interactive wireframes.
- Are able to produce animated, interactive prototypes.
- Have exceptional graphics skills with ability to adapt style and language to different business and context.
- Have demonstrable UX design experience in a technology-based company with strong brand presence, values and ambition.
- Have had involvement in successfully launched technical products in a range of markets.
- Are passionate about technology, design, user interaction, graphic design and the benefits these bring to business as well as end users.
- Are a highly focussed and high-energy individual, capable of channelling energy into creating stunning designs.
- Are a champion for design and the value it brings to business whilst being a subject matter expert in a multi-disciplinary working environment.
- Have a personal interest in latest UI, technology and graphic trends.