UX / Interaction Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Flash, Wireframes
- Job Reference:
UX / Interaction Designer / London / £35 – 40k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: UX, User Experience, UI, User Interaction, Wireframe, Apps, Strategy, Research, Ethnography, Products, Services, Anthropology, Consumer Electronics, Visual Displays
An industry leading brand in the consumer electronics industry are currently looking for a super talented User Interaction Designer. Innovation is at the core of this company and they strive to deliver the best technology and services. At their European design studio based in London there is a vibrant mix of creatives at the top of their game producing some of the best products on the market. This is a true career defining opportunity, which will have you conceptualising, developing and delivering new high profile UX solutions.
THE UX / INTERACTION DESIGNER ROLE
- To create compelling narratives, wireframes and desirable user experiences by gathering and defining user requirements which result in beautiful, intuitive and captivating graphical user interfaces.
- Responsible for user experience design as well as user interface development, collaborating with Product Design, Design Research, Engineering and Marketing as well as external agencies to take ideas from initial concept to final product delivery.
- Manages interactions with and works collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Understand and translate complex technical challenges and requirements into simple and elegant user-centred solutions.
- Drive digital projects forward across Visual Display products such as TV’s, Mobile Applications and Monitors.
- Seek opportunities for UX enhancement in projects across the business and prove the value of design daily.
- Create documentation to a high standard, with the ability to write and deliver impactful design presentations throughout the entire product development process.
- Recognised as expert in own discipline within the organisation, delivering solutions in keeping with brand ethos.
ABOUT THE UX / INTERACTION DESIGNER
- Have a BA, MA, Multimedia Design, Interaction Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Systems.
- Are adept at undertaking user research, user workshops, user test, UI/UX validation and requirements gathering.
- Have experience in designing detailed user journeys.
- Are able to produce screen-based interactive wireframes.
- Are able to produce animated, interactive prototypes.
- Have demonstrable UX design experience in a technology-based company with strong brand presence, values and ambition.
- Are a champion for design and the value it brings to business whilst being a subject matter expert in a multi-disciplinary working environment.
- Have a personal interest in latest UI, technology and graphic trends.
- Experience in interaction/service design for a consumer electronics brand is advantageous.