Windows Expert for IT Consultancy in the Design Industry Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
THE leading IT consultancy for creative environments is seeking a Windows Expert to join their team.
* Providing customer support, taking ownership of user problems and being pro-active dealing with issues to solve them or escalate them to another member of the team
* Troubleshooting and assisting users face-to-face, by phone, by email/text message or by remote access
* Undertaking general maintenance of our client’s computer systems (workstations, servers, peripheral devices and services) and escalating issues to other team members when necessary
* Maintaining inventories of IT equipment
* Undertaking general administrative duties to help in the efficient running of the office
* Setup/configuration/troubleshooting/fixing of Windows workstations running Windows 7 to10 desktop operating systems
* Setup/configuration/troubleshooting/fixing Windows SBS 2011 (as well as legacy versions) servers running Sharepoint and Exchange
* Setup/configuration/troubleshooting/fixing of Mac workstations running Mac OS X 10.6 – 10.11 desktop operating systems * Installation and troubleshooting of all makes and models of printers
* Ensuring all incidents are dealt with in a timely manner, efficiently and diligently and passed to another member of the team if you don’t feel you have skills to do this yourself
The ideal candidate would ideally some background in the design and/construction industries and it is not necessary to have formal training in IT. They should however be able to demonstrate a good intrinsic understanding of computing and technology. It is important that the candidate possesses good problem solving skills to enable them to diagnose and fix problems.
One needs to be conscientious and adopt a logical and rigorous approach when implementing new solutions and managing existing installations.
It is important the candidate possesses good communication skills and can demonstrate good written English and is comfortable talking to people in potentially stressful environments and especially when explaining complicated concepts.
It is critical to understand the need to adopt an approach which minimises the risk of deleting data.
The ideal candidate will need to be able manage their own time and workload to process multiple incidents at the same time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team but also to work in many different creative studios.
Please apply without delay to Gabrielle Saw, Creative Support Specialist at Adrem Group