Workplace Space Planner – Senior Designer Job
- Job Level:
- Job Type:
- Software Skills:
- Job Reference:
Workplace Space Planner – Senior Designer / London / Salary £40-£50K / Permanent
Leading UK workplace interior specialist are looking for a Senior Designer / Space Planner with strong commercial awareness to join their London Bridge team. As Senior Designer, you will be reporting to Head of Design. Your role will be responsible for developing briefs into design schemes and offer the best options for clients or end users. You will also manage multiple projects at any one time and provide design solutions from initial brief to handover of a project.
Responsibilities of the Workplace Space Planner:
- Managing briefs from sales or end user and developing them into design schemes
- Keep abreast of new products including features and benefits for future specification
- Utilise knowledge through design process to improve saleability / cost margins
- Keep abreast of new research into new ways of working. Digest / understand how this effects the end user use this to provide consultative approach to furniture specification
- Use experience and knowledge to aid furniture specification singularly or within team groups
- Provide space plans to aid specification / procurement / installation processes. Adhere to space planning best practice / health and safety / legal procedure
- Create visuals and presentations to support specification / sales / tender process
- Provide building / as built / furniture / storage surveys to aid sales / procurement / installation process
- Be familiar with IT innovations and update / manage in house IT issues
- Retain and improve relations with suppliers
- Manage in house furniture CAD / image / data libraries
Requirements of the Workplace Space Planner:
- Proven experience in design and demonstrable records of winning and working on large projects
- Commercial office interior experience, working on projects c£1m plus
- Efficiency on AutoCAD, PowerPoint, In-Design and Photoshop
- Confidence and ability to take the lead
- Passionate about design and delivery
- Dedicated and ambitious attitude
- Ability to work with a number of colleagues outside of the Design department
- Strong communication skills
If you’re interested in finding out more about this Workplace Space Planner role then please get in touch with Deborah D’Silva or apply online.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Adrem are specialist in Interior Design jobs.